If you have lost some or all of your teeth due to decay, an accident, or disease, one way to restore your smile is with dentures, removable dental appliances that are specifically designed to replace natural missing teeth.
You may think that dentures require a lot of maintenance and are probably uncomfortable. However, modern models are designed with the user’s comfort in mind. They also perform the functions of your natural teeth that you would not be able to perform without them.
Clearly, the benefits of dentures outweigh any temporary discomfort they might cause. While it may take some adjustments to get them to fit perfectly, dentures are worth the effort to restore your ability in chewing and talking properly.
The Benefits of Wearing Dentures
Besides restoring your smile and eliminating any awkwardness you may feel about exposing gaps in your teeth, dentures offer many other benefits, including:
- You no longer need to restrict what you can eat. With dentures, you can eat all the foods you normally ate before you lost your teeth. Your dentist will simply advise you on what foods to eat in moderation to preserve your dentures.
- Dentures help prevent the sagging of your facial muscles caused by the loss of teeth. They replace the support in your face created by your natural teeth, which enhances your facial appearance and prevents you from looking older.
- Dentures decrease the rate of oral bone structure disintegration that often comes with the loss of teeth, helping to preserve your oral health.
- Partial dentures prevent excessive wear and tear on your remaining natural teeth, allowing for even distribution of chewing forces to all teeth.
- Traditional dentures are removable, allowing them to be properly cleaned and effectively maintained for years.
- Wearing dentures allow you to pronounce words more easily and clearly, improving your communication skills and boosting your self-confidence.
- Dentures are manufactured in various materials and designed to simulate the appearance of natural teeth and gums. Available in natural-looking porcelain or plastic materials, dentures create a natural-looking smile you can be proud to display.
- Full and partial dentures are a cost-effective treatment option compared to other alternatives.
Dentures and Partials in Minneapolis-St. Paul
Thanks to the latest advances in dentistry, today’s dentures are designed to be comfortable and functional. They are made of premium durable products, low-staining teeth, and high-impact acrylic bases. With the proper care, your dentures can last for a long time.
Dr. Steven R. Hagerman is dedicated to providing excellent dental care in a relaxed, family-friendly setting at his practice in the Twin Cities and will specifically match the color of your custom-made dentures to that of your natural teeth and gums.
At Hagerman Dental Care, we make every effort to have your dentures completed in a timely manner, so you can start enjoying your new smile as soon as possible. Plus, we monitor your progress every step of the way – from your initial examination to fitting and adjustments.