Cosmetic dentistry is an excellent way to achieve a perfect smile. Veneers can be a great way to help improve the color, shape, and spacing of your teeth, which can help achieve a smile you can be proud of.
What are Veneers?
Veneers are thin artificial coverings that are applied on top of your natural teeth. Veneers can be used on one tooth or many teeth and can correct the appearance of chipped, cracked, worn down, misaligned, discolored or gapped teeth. Veneers can also help to strengthen and preserve the structure of your natural teeth and protect them from further damage.
There are different types of veneers, which include:
Composite “direct” veneers are a thin composite material, made from an acrylic resin, that are bonded to the surface of the tooth. Composite veneers are less expensive than porcelain or lumineer veneers and typically last for about 3 to 5 years. Composite veneers can be bonded directly to your teeth in a single office visit. Your dentist will lightly buff the surface of your natural teeth to remove a small amount of enamel before applying the veneers on top with a bonding agent. The bonding agent will be hardened using a special light beam.
Traditional porcelain “indirect” veneers are very thin and durable. They are designed to match the color and shape of your natural teeth and are typically the most expensive type of veneer. They can last 5 to 10 years or even longer with good care. Traditional porcelain veneers may require a few office visits before you are good to go, because they are fabricated from molds made of your teeth. You may wear a temporary veneer while the porcelain veneers are being made.
Lumineer porcelain veneers are a newer, innovative type of veneer product. They are made of cerinate porcelain and are thinner and faster to apply than traditional porcelain veneers. They cost around the same as traditional porcelain veneers and last about the same length of time.
What Are The Advantages of Veneers?
There are many benefits to choosing veneers over other cosmetic dentistry options, including:
- Veneers are long-lasting. With good maintenance, you won’t have to replace them for many years.
- They provide a natural-looking appearance. Veneers can be customized to look as close to your natural teeth as possible. You won’t get an artificial or unnatural look from veneers.
- Veneers are very resistant to damage.
- They can strengthen and preserve your natural teeth from further damage.
- They can transform your whole smile and give you a uniform, white, and clean smile that is natural-looking.
- Veneers are very easy to take care of. Talk to your dentist about good dental hygiene habits to ensure your veneers stay in great shape for as long as possible.
Cosmetic Dentistry in Minneapolis & St. Paul, Minnesota
If you’re unhappy with your smile and are considering cosmetic dentistry, call Hagerman Dental Care today. We use the most advanced procedures and dentistry techniques to help you achieve the smile you want.
If you would like to find out more about the services we provide, call our office today at (651) 646-2392 or you can request an appointment online.