Are you unhappy with your smile? Are your teeth uneven, discolored, pitted, or chipped? Do you have a gap between your teeth?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you may want to consider getting porcelain veneers to make your smile beautiful again.
Porcelain veneers are a great solution for teeth that have become discolored, stained, or misshapen. They also help to restore broken teeth, gaps between the teeth, or fix minor bite-related issues. Veneers are also a good option for people whose teeth do not respond well to whitening or bleaching.
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are thin pieces of porcelain or resin tooth-colored materials that are bonded over the front surface of your natural teeth to give you a better smile and improve your appearance.
You may need a veneer for only one tooth or multiple veneers for several teeth. Veneers are an excellent choice for covering up stains, hiding a chipped tooth, or even filling a small gap between your teeth. The veneers are custom-made specifically for your mouth to ensure a perfect look and feel, and to match your existing teeth.
How Do Porcelain Veneers Work?
Veneers are thin layers of ceramic that are bonded with an adhesive over your natural teeth. When preparing your teeth for the veneers, your dentist will first remove a tiny amount (usually less than a millimeter) of your tooth enamel to make room for the veneer. The dentist will then take a mold of your teeth, and the mold will be sent to a lab to fashion each veneer that is needed.
In order to bond your tooth with the veneer, your dentist will apply light-sensitive resin that will harden using a special curing light. Getting dental veneers only requires about three trips to the dentist – one for a consultation, one to prepare the teeth for the veneers, and one to apply the veneers. Veneers usually last about 15 years or more, and they create a drastic improvement in the appearance of your pearly whites.
What Are the Benefits of Porcelain Veneers?
There are endless benefits to getting porcelain veneers, including the following:
- Veneers resist tough stains such as coffee, tea, and red wine
- Veneers can make even the darkest and most stained teeth look white
- Veneers look and feel like your own natural teeth
- Unlike other treatments like crowns, veneers allow your natural teeth to remain mostly intact
- The color of the veneers can be matched to blend in with the rest of your teeth
- Veneers don’t require extensive shaping like crowns do
- Veneers help fix many different problems, including teeth that are discolored, worn down, pitted, chipped, broken, misaligned, uneven, misshapen, or small gaps
- Veneers do not require special care – all you need to do after getting veneers is to follow good hygiene practices like daily brushing and flossing
Cosmetic Dentist in Minneapolis
Why wait to have that beautiful smile? Dr. Steven Hagerman of Family & Cosmetic Dentistry of Minneapolis/St. Paul specializes in using porcelain veneers to improve the appearance and function of patients’ teeth. In just a few visits to Dr. Hagerman’s office, you can have a beautiful Hollywood smile.
To schedule an appointment or consultation and to receive the utmost in advanced, personalized care, please call our office today at (651) 646-2392 or request an appointment online now. We look forward to taking care of you and your whole family for a lifetime of excellent dental health!